362 Posts in 44 Topics - by 220 Members - Latest Member: Dianaevarl

Author Topic: IR missile's not tracking!  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Textbook

• Trainee Member
IR missile's not tracking!
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:46:54 AM »
Hi,

So we're really thrashing it out in this theater but have a quick question about the IR missiles AA11. They won't track at all from any aspect & these particular units are the 60° off-boresight seeker head type supposedly undefeatable in certain circumstances. I shot one at a KC135 from a rear aspect within 4nm & when the Tanker simply turned away the missile just continued ballistic & this was with full radar lock & seeker head uncaged.

Is this a bug or am I making a mistake in my firing solution somewhere. Would be really cool if these weapons operated correctly as when I dogfight an SU27 the AA11 is deadly & should be very definitely undefeatable to a KC135.

Thanks for any help & best regards ;)

Offline Nizmo

• Administrator
  • Trusted Member
  • Cockpit Developer
    • www.ElectronicBattlefield.com
Re: IR missile's not tracking!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
I need to check, but I think the AA11 are not modeled correctly in the FM for each missile.

I'll check them out, and with the SU30 as well.

Offline Textbook

• Trainee Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
I need to check, but I think the AA11 are not modeled correctly in the FM for each missile.

I'll check them out, and with the SU30 as well.

Thanks Niz,

We`re punching above our weight but as we`re getting more confident & more used to the airframes differences it`s bringing us wvr of the enemy so those heaters would be really handy ;D

Also, sorry to be a pain but could you look at the cockpit interior lighting. We are currently flying night missions & without interior lighting of some kind its quite a disadvantage.

Quick rundown;
So far We`ve done CAS & CAP.

We will try SEAD in the daylight hours of the 3rd day so wish us luck with the anti radar missiles  ;)

Regards & thanks for your efforts mate

Offline Nizmo

• Administrator
  • Trusted Member
  • Cockpit Developer
    • www.ElectronicBattlefield.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
All the coming Migs/Sukhoi's/Shenyangs will have top notch pits. I really wont release till completed.

Lighting is a big effect, and an very important and overlooked one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal